It’s lovely, don’t get me wrong. And in lots of ways too. I like the minimal presentation, the focus on imagery rather than text. I especially like the display for You, which is based on your Photostream, then Favorites (sic), Sets, and Photos Of…
However, I have a wish list for the next release/s:
- Please make a quick way to turn off the loud ‘snapshot’ sound when taking a photo. I have it turned off on my phone’s camera – the only way of doing it here is to turn off the phones’s sound, which is slow for me and not ideal.
- I notice we can upload from our phone’s gallery, but only one at a time. It wouldn’t take much to allow quicker uploading of multiple items i.e. select multiple, then Next.
- The naming of the filters is weird e.g. Miami, Rome, Paris – totally meaningless to me.
- The filters themselves don’t seem very varied, compared to what I was using before, Lightbox. Maybe I just don’t appreciate the subtleties of the differences. Although admittedly who seriously uses things like Posterize, Andy Warhol, etc.
- When previewing photos taken in the Flickr app, before uploading, they have weird large squares all over them. I know the upload doesn’t look like that, but it’s a bit off putting. Is that because it’s an optimised, fast preview of the pic?
- I somehow expected to see more in Settings. Maybe it’s because it’s a first stab at this app, and more features / settings will come, but it doesn’t make it feel very powerful. Then again, powerful often means bloated.