- Go to the Kaos interface for one of the synths.
- Make sure you've got a nice tune recorded and looping (or a horrible one, up to you). I'd just draw something into the top area of the Kaos interface so it's made up of long notes rather than tight, clipped ones.
- Hit the number 3 in the top left so you see the axis of the Kaos change to Peak and Cutoff
- Now hit record and draw all over the kaos in a big squiggle so it varies the peak and cutoff a lot throughout your loop
- Stop recording, and now try toggling from SMT to HLD.??
- You should notice how SMT Smoothes the jump from one Peak or Cutoff level to another.??
- HLD stands for Hold and 'steps' the change – it sounds a bit more robotic, less organic.??