A friend recently asked about what I described as a ‘cheap fisheye’ lens that I’d used for some photos.I don’t think he would have realised quite how cheap as this was just a door peephole viewer from ebay.co.uk – £1.50 including postage. Bargain. Some tips on it’s use.
- First of all rather than making any housing for it or anything, just try holding it over the front of your lens. Does that do it?
- Now try zooming right in, that might help, it will remove all the ‘through a tunnel’ effect of blackness you get round the edges.
- Some people have reported switching to macro lens settings helps with focus – I personally like the way the focus blurs round the edges of some of my pics.
- Get properly up close to subjects for maximum effects.
- Experiment with or without flash – you might find with the flash on, holding the lens over your camera, that your hands get in the way of the flash a bit.